Students and adults need to be CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVERS.
But how to get started?
First on Mars is the immersive, evidence-backed training experience to help learners master the creativity, thinking, project delivery and storytelling skills that can set them apart as 40-70% of today's jobs disappear over the next 15 years.
- LIVE-ACTION GAME SCENARIO with content and outcomes customised to address your real-world problems
- TEACHES SOFT + HARD SKILLS and the mindset needed for students and adults to thrive in a very different future
- BLENDED APPROACH Combines tech like VR, AR and Minecraft with evidence-backed approaches like Agile practices, Design Thinking and Process Drama - and let's you hold a piece of Mars, grow space seeds, hear from a NASA engineer and chat with an Astrobiologist.
AS SEEN AT:
2050. Everyone was so busy planning for survival, they forgot the next step.
By the time 1000 people had settled on Mars, we had managed to solve problems like radiation and food, but had exhausted all our old ideas just at a time when we should be ready to thrive - that’s where YOU come in. What is the first thing Mars needs to thrive?
Possible Themes: 'First School on Mars', 'First Sport on Mars', 'First Community on Mars', 'First Business on Mars', 'First Agency on Mars', or 'First _ (insert your org) on Mars'.
- Huge change across tech, work and society is creating an ‘Age of Transition’ and crisis
- Only way to ensure todays learner thrive tomorrow is if they can make their own job or vocation
- Leaders, Teachers and learners need a big-picture skills framework to show the way
- FirstOnMars is the training simulation where skills from the Future-U Future Literacies can be learned
MISSIONS OPTIONS: From 2 HOURS to 2 DAYS, customised for your timetable.
E.g. First SCHOOL on Mars, or First _your_org_here_ on Mars.
What should the first org like yours look like on Mars?
'Go to Mars and come back knowing how to re-think leadership and what ‘school' needs to be, prep students for age of transition, and gain better personal project planning skills'.
First CLASSROOM on Mars: What might learning look like on Mars?
'Skip the early/late adopter divide - Go to Mars and come back knowing how to prep students and self on where to start with tech so teachers and students can all succeed'.
First Kids on Mars: What is the first thing students will dream up so the new community on Mars can thrive? And would this idea work back on earth?
'Go to Mars and come back with the skills needed to succeed in a future, post-transition world by dreaming up what the first projects on mars would need to be'.
CONTACT us to book a First On Mars mission that's customised for your needs.
N.B. These programs are specially designed to sit on top of and help super-charge your existing efforts.
*SPECIAL THANKS to Samantha Adams Becker for co-brainstorming the original 'First School on Mars' idea.
WATCH Astrobiologist and Future-U supporting expert Richard Blake talk about what he will do first when he gets to Mars:
WATCH Engineer, Mars-specialist and Performing Artist Niamh Shaw talk about why thinking differently to solve big problems like going to Mars is so important now:
VIEW images from Leadership and Student FirstOnMars sessions: