Beacon in Education updates:
A. Intro | B. What? | C. Who? | D. Why? SAMR model + What would students say? | E. HOW?
- Last 10 years has seen the digitalisation of education
- Much focus has moved to online and the cloud
- iBeacons can bring back a sense of local contact and the importance of physical movement and location
- iBeacons act as bluetooth emitters. Apps listen for specific beacons then trigger pre-programmed notifications, actions and experiences on your device
- Requires bluetooth to be turned on, and an app installed
Explore > Can iBeacons re-connect device-enhanced learning to physical world?
Examine one of the links above, or find your own link
Add a response to TodaysMeet.com/wearables
- Add another response i.e. 'What would students say?'
Explore > The SAMR model of technology integration provides a useful framework to audit how wearables might be used in education.
1. What is the SAMR model?
> Substitution > Augmentation > Modification > Redefinition
2. As a group, match the use cases above with the SAMR levels using the SAMR Journey template • LINK